With just ten days left until Christmas, it’s no secret that the busiest days of the year are upon us! So, the question is how can you squeeze in some last-minute marketing ideas to make the most of the holiday season? Social media of course! Here’s how:
- Launch a social media only sale. For last minute shoppers, it’s all about price. Try holding a flash sale on a specific product or a certain discount for your Facebook followers. Be sure to be clear and concise so that your customers understand when the sale begins and ends as well as what is included. Try using exciting verbiage such as “Facebook Exclusive” or “Facebook Flash Sale! Act Now!” to create added urgency.
- Feature a gift item each day on social media. With ten days left, it’s the perfect time for a Christmas gift countdown. Take photos (a smartphone will do) and upload each day leading up to Christmas. Think of a variety of customers and who you want to reach from moms, to working women, those men trying to snag a last minute gift, millennials and beyond!
- Support late shoppers by sympathizing with them! Social media is the perfect place to do just that. Try creating a gift basket or assortment of items to support the last-minute shoppers in your area or create a gift guide and showcase it all on social media. Do you sell gift cards? This is the perfect time to push the availability of gift cards as a quick and easy gift solution. Consider giving a little back to those who purchase, such as a free gift or $5 gift card to those who purchase a certain denomination.
- Use Facebook Live! Go live from your store during extended hours or anytime you have a special sale, newly added inventory or right among the holiday hustle and bustle. Speak directly to your audience and let them know why your business is the place to be this holiday season. The best part? Your video will live on your timeline for anyone who was unable to view your live stream.
- Host a holiday themed giveaway! It can be as easy as a “like, share and comment” contest. Holiday giveaways are a great last minute tool for business owners. Give away holiday baskets, holiday prizes, gift cards or company swag! How about asking your customers to share pictures of their ugly sweaters or their favorite recipes!
- Be considerate and friendly. Sometimes the holiday season can be stressful. This gives you the opportunity to inspire with kindness and generosity. Even if you haven’t created an elaborate holiday marketing plan, you can still boost your sales this season simply by treating your customers well both in-store and on social media.
Just because you may be late in the holiday marketing game, doesn’t mean there isn’t still time to end this year with a bang! Follow these tips to make the most out of your social media and holiday shopping experience for your customers. Make it fun and make it memorable (and add a holiday marketing plan to your 2017 agenda)!