If you’re starting a business or looking to expand your company awareness, searching for marketing tactics can be an overwhelming task. When starting a business, many entrepreneurs don’t always anticipate handling all of the aspects of running a business. It goes without saying that marketing has many aspects all on its own. We’ve put together a list of marketing habits for you to implement to promote your business! The best way to get started with marketing is by implementing some easy to understand yet simple tasks.
- Start fresh every single day.
- Listen to your customers.
- Always keep a list of creative ideas and goals.
- Create a website.
- Create a Facebook page for your business.
- Use that Facebook page on a regular basis.
- Create an Instagram page for your business.
- Collect e-mail addresses.
- Offer discounts and special offers periodically.
- Host a giveaway.
- Ask customers, family and friends for referrals.
- Ask customers for testimonials.
- Sponsor a cause or local event.
- Get interviewed by your local media.
- Network with other business owners.
- Use Google Analytics.
- Add a retargeting pixel to your website to advertise to your website visitors.
- Attend local events.
- Always thank your customers.
- Follow your competitors to see what’s working for them (and what’s not).
- Write a press release.
- Ask customers for feedback.
- From commercials to smartphones, use videos to promote your business.
- Send personal cards to customers.
- Provide value each and every day.
With this list, you can have a better idea of what to focus on. If you’re still not sure where to begin, you may want to consider hiring marketing help, whether it’s a full-time staff member or even a marketing agency! Just remember to be creative and most importantly, be consistent.
Are you already using some of these habits? Do you have a few of your own? We’d love to hear about it!