With millions of users accessing website from desktops, tablets and mobile devices, it should come as no surprise that your website is of the utmost importance now more than ever. It’s your strongest marketing tool, meaning it’s usually the first place that people go for information. One of the first things that we do is visit a potential client’s website prior to meeting with them. Sometimes there’s a misconception regarding just how important a website is. It’s not about just having a website, but it is of the utmost importance that you keep your website engaging, up to date and consistent with your brand. In this article, we are going to share with you some of our best tips to maintain your strongest marketing tool.
- Have a memorable web address. Keep it short. Keep it simple. Make sure it matches your business name, slogan or event title. From there? Plaster that web address everywhere from marketing materials, to radio ads, to tv commercials. It is more likely that someone will remember your URL as opposed to your phone number. After all, when you are looking for a new business, what do you typically do? We type it into Google or we heard the website somewhere and find it that way.
- Make your website engaging. Consumers like visuals. Words are not enough. The more attractive your website is, the more time each visitor will spend there. We recommend photos, videos and even a live Twitter feed, to name a few. Another important part of keeping your website engaging is to have clear navigation. Keep your navigation bar organized and visible.
- Know your conversion. What do you want your website visitors to do? Do you want them to complete an application, apply for financing, view a specific product? It’s important to know and track your website conversions. Also, keep the conversion point prominent. It can be as simple as placing a “register now” or “find out more” button in a prominent spot on the webpage.
- Stay consistent with your brand/image. Include your logo, tagline or primary message throughout your website. Keep it consistent with all of your marketing materials, brochures, ads, signs or anything that your audience might see. People will start to recognize your brand and you will create a presence in your industry.
- Don’t forget to be social. Include social media icons which link to all of your social media profiles. These buttons allow you to accumulate followers and increase your likes. Allow sharing of your website materials as well.
- Think mobile. Have you viewed your website on a mobile device? What does it look like? It’s very important to have a mobile version of your website in today’s marketing world.